• Services
  • Sectors
  • Our Team
  • About us
  • Insights & Legal
  • Legal Q&As
  • Useful information
  • Contact us
  • Careers
  • 30 May 2018

    How can I get a copy of my Decree Absolute?

    I got divorced 8 years ago and now want to get remarried, however I have lost my Final Order (Decree Absolute). How can I get hold of a copy of this document?

    You will need to write to the Court which dealt with the Divorce. If you know the case number to your case then quote this on your letter or email and ensure that you include your name and address. You will also need to attach a cheque for the Court fee which is £11.00 or include your phone number so that the court can call you to take payment via credit card. The Court will then send to you a copy of the Final Order.If you do not know your case number then you will need to attach a cheque for the Court fee which is £45.00 for the court to search a 10 year period. The Court will have to check through its records, locate a copy of the document and will then send this to you.In the event that you do not know which Court dealt with your Divorce then you will have to write to the Central Family Court to search for the Final Order. You should fill in form D440 and attach the Court fee which is £65.00 for each 10 year period searched.

    Stay up-to-date with Hegarty