• Services
  • Sectors
  • Our Team
  • About us
  • Insights & Legal
  • Legal Q&As
  • Useful information
  • Contact us
  • Careers
  • 2 Jan 2020

    Q. Once I obtain my Divorce, can my former spouse still make a financial claim against me?

    A. Yes. If you do not have a financial order in place; then your former spouse could make a future financial claim against you. Your former spouse’s right to make a financial claim against you can only be dismissed by a court order.It is always sensible to try and reach an agreement with your former spouse even if it is to confirm that neither spouse will make any future financial claim against each other and to have such agreement incorporated into a court order.If you require further information then please contact Pavinder Khela, an experienced family solicitor based at our Stamford Office on 01780 750956, or email: Pavinder.Khela@hegarty.co.uk

    Stay up-to-date with Hegarty