• Services
  • Sectors
  • Our Team
  • About us
  • Insights & Legal
  • Legal Q&As
  • Useful information
  • Contact us
  • Careers
  • 7 Mar 2014

    My husband is threatening to hide assets to influence our financial agreement upon divorce, what can I do?

    Q. My husband and I are separated and he has told me that I will not get a penny from the divorce because he will sell or hide all of our assets, what can I do?

    A. If your husband is hiding or disposing of assets in an attempt to defeat your potential claims for financial relief your Solicitor can apply to the Court for an Order to prevent your husband from disposing of a particular asset, or, if a disposition has already taken place, to set aside that disposition.  Your Solicitor could also apply for a ‘freezing’ Injunction to prevent your husband dealing with certain assets, including bank accounts.

    Therefore if you have concerns that your husband may be attempting to hide or dispose of his assets you should consult a Solicitor specialising in Matrimonial Law without delay.

    Chris Brown, solicitor

    *This article was  published in the Stamford Mercury

    Stay up-to-date with Hegarty